Washington State accredited drinking water analysis services are offered at ARI, available to homeowners, renters, property managers, daycare center operators, or anyone else concerned about drinking water quality. Contact ARI for more information regarding pricing, turnaround time, and sample collection.
Reporting limits listed in the tables below represent normal sample conditions and may be higher for any sample depending on target analyte levels, matrix complexity, moisture content, or background interference. ARI reserves the right to screen all samples prior to preparation or analysis to determine optimal analytical outcome. A zip file with all the analysis tables below can be downloaded here.
Lead and Copper Analysis Only (Homeowners and Daycare Providers)
A sampling instruction and custody form for lead and copper analysis only can be downloaded as a simple PDF or fillable PDF. Normal analysis turnaround time is 10 business days but that can be expedited with surcharges applied. Sample container(s) can be shipped to the sampling location for an additional $5.00 charge and samplers can ship samples back to ARI at their own expense. Sample bottles can be picked up or returned to our Tukwila location 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM Monday through Friday and Saturdays by prearrangement. Upon acceptance of samples we require payment via credit card, check, or cash (exact change please). Contact an ARI project manager for pricing and exact scheduling details.
Additional details about drinking water analysis and reporting can be found on the Washington State Department of Health Laboratory Resources page.
- EPA 180.1/SM 2130 B-01 Turbidity (Drinking Water)
- EPA 200.8 Arsenic (ICP/MS) (Drinking Water)
- EPA 200.8 Copper (ICP/MS) (Drinking Water)
- EPA 200.8 Lead (ICP/MS) (Drinking Water)
- EPA 300.0/SM 4110 B-00 Anions Cl/Fl/NO3/NO2/o-Phos/SO4 (IC) (Drinking Water)
- EPA 353.2 Nitrate/Nitrite/NO2+NO3 (Drinking Water)
- EPA 524.3 Volatile Organics (GC/MS) (Drinking Water)
- SM 2320 B-97 Alkalinity (Drinking Water)
- SM 2120 B-01 True Color (Drinking Water)
- SM 2120 B-01 Apparent Color (Drinking Water)
- SM 4500-CN ̄ E-99 Cyanide, Total (Drinking Water)
- SM 5310 B-00 Dissolved Organic Carbon (Drinking Water)
- SM 2340 B-97 Hardness (Calc)
- SM 4500-H+ B-00 pH (Drinking Water)
- SM 2540 C-97 Solids, Total Dissolved (Drinking Water)
- SM 2510 B-97 Specific Conductance (Drinking Water)
- SM 5310 B-00 Total Organic Carbon (Drinking Water)